Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Stuck

Since I've "lost" the initial 15 pounds of this weight-loss challenge, I haven't lost any more.  I tried to incorporate jogging into my treadmill workouts, but my lower legs get tired too easily (I later came to realize these are called "shin splints"? and happen because my feet are flat).  I did belly dancing last night and remembered why I tried to give the DVD away the first time.

I've been reading through the message boards on MyFitnessPal.com and taking a look at what other girls with PCOS (which is still undetermined if I have it or not) are doing about getting stuck in their weight loss.  Some suggest cinnamon, others chromium.  A few suggested Vitex; it's a supplement that stimulates progestin...progesterone?  I can never remember what that hormone is.  I had my parents pick me up a bottle and this is my second day taking it.

I was going to do yoga or something tonight, but as the day goes on, my leg bones hurt more and more.  It came on suddenly.  I just popped three ibuprofen; I really do not want to move my legs at all.  I'm also cramping, but I can't tell if it's the Vitex working or if I'm just going to have to poop later.  =\

A theory one girl on the message boards had for my leg tireness and shin splints was my shoes.  I do need new shoes, but I know I'll never have the money to buy them.  I don't even have money to pay bills most of the time.

Went to a new gyno the other day and they did some blood tests.  I'm hoping they get back to me pretty soon with some kind of answers.  Whether it's just putting me back on Metformin or what, I need to get a move on.  We were looking up this fertility clinic near us today at work and 35 is the magic number.  They pretty much want you to use donor eggs after 35.  So I have 6 years to try and pop out however many kids Chris and I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment