Thursday, January 26, 2012

F*#@ me

It sucks to be fat and lazy.

Heard from the doctor.  He doesn't want to put me on meds; he wants me to exercise and lose weight first.  Hooray.  =|  I'm considering getting a second opinion.  I've gained 5-10 pounds since the last time I was at the doctor.  My BP was 117/72 then.  I can't imagine ten pounds raising it that much.  I actually commented to the girl the last time I was there that I wouldn't worry about being fat until it affects my BP....maybe I shot myself in the foot by saying that.

I did do more research on Cushings.  I have almost every symptom except the "buffalo hump".  I do have a hump, but it's not fatty, it's bony.  My vertebra prominens sticks out there; it's really noticeable.  Probably more so since I got a nautical star tattooed over it.  Anyway, it was scary reading the symptoms but I feel like such a dweeb going to the doctor all the time and saying, "Hey, I think I have this; test me for it," and then being wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, don't feel foolish for going to the doctor for any concerns you may have. That is what they arethere for, and god knows they charge enough.

    ReplyDelete