Thursday, January 19, 2012

New Health Trek

I've had a headache since Saturday.  (In case you were wondering, this is day 6.)  All weekend, I took my usual Excedrin, but upon realizing that it wasn't helping, I stopped.  Mostly to prove to Chris that the pills weren't the cause of my headache.  I also stopped drinking caffeine.  I had to call off on Tuesday because I was up all night, and later that day as I sat watching TV I had the longest palpitation possible.

So when I came in to work yesterday, I asked if one of the nurses could check my blood pressure.  I mean, I had ruled everything else out: caffeine, Excedrin, pregnancy (I took two tests).  Linda took my BP and it was 138/88.  My BP is usually low; like 112/70 low.  I made a doctor appointment right after that for today.  Of course, today before my appointment, Linda took my BP again and it was 124/98 or something along those lines.  By the time I got to the doctor's it was 132/98.  When the actual doctor took it, not only did he take it like four hundred times, but the number he said was something ridiculous like 138/100.

"That's a little high," he said.  Really?  Maybe that's why my ear feels like it's going to shoot off my head?  And everyone there looked at me crazily when I said the pain was in the back left of my head.

He ended up telling me that a headache from blood pressure wasn't normal (?).  After that, I'm not sure if he was advising me on my headache or BP problem.  He said to take Tylenol for the headache and I must just be under stress or it's from the cold I'm practically over by now.

Whatever.  I have to keep a blood pressure log and go back next Thurs.  If it's still high, then he'll try to figure out what's wrong with me.  How nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment