Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cars, make up, house work

I finally took the Kia in for an oil change.  It was only five months past due.  I half-expected the guys at Walmart to laugh me out of the garage.  Monday must've been oil-change day for Altoona because there was an hour and half to two hour wait.  I said it was fine; I had to eat and do my grocery shopping anyway.

I stopped by electronics to check out Xboxes.  I'm thinking of getting Chris a new one for his birthday.  One that's wireless, so we don't have to drape that ugly blue cord all over the living room any more.  Then I walked up to McDonald's and got some food.  That took a while.  They claimed it was for my chicken nuggets, but I think they fried my fries three times while I waited; they were hard as wooden rods.

Anyway, after I ate, I started grocery shopping.  Halfway through the car/bathroom/paint section, I realized my ticket for the oil change had "walked" out of my back pocket.  (That's short for, "My ass is so big, as I walked, it pushed the paper out of my pocket.")  So I retraced my steps and found it in the cat food aisle.  Back to shopping.  I shopped on auto-pilot, mainly because, I hate grocery shopping.

I found a line that wasn't too bad and checked out.  I felt like a weirdo walking back through Walmart with my cart full of bagged groceries, but I certainly wasn't going to go outside and walk around the building to get to the garage!  My car wasn't done yet; it was about another half hour wait back there, as my eggs and milk got warm.  I opened the Hard Candy makeup set I picked up and looked at it.

I love the make up aisles.  I looked at the Hard Candy stuff for a looong time, and finally decided on a pack of new blush that came with highlighter, primer, and lip gloss sample-sized tubes.  I tried the primer today.  It was weird.  I'm not sure it made any kind of difference on my face or with my makeup, but I really like the new blush.  I don't have to use as much as my old one to get the color to show up and it's a little sparkly.

At Walmart, I also got plastic for the windows.  Tomorrow, since I'm off work, I think I'm going to plastic-up all the windows and start going through the mess of clothes Chris and I have.  Nothing is put away; each of us has a dresser that is pretty much empty.  I'm getting sick of living out of laundry baskets.  Now, I've been meaning to do this for a while now and I always get too lazy.  I'm really going to try tomorrow.

Oh, working on a new story.  I've pretty much finished the book I started for NaNoWriMo and, even "finished" it doesn't make the 50k mark.  Blah.  I'll let it sit for a while and go back to it some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment