Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Err..

Well, we did end up having water in our basement.  I called the landlord today and asked if he had a dehumidifier that we could use; he didn't, but he went out and bought one.  It's running right now; hopefully it'll take out the musty smell the basement has.  We might have to take the piece of carpet out that's down there; I'm afraid it's going to get mildewed.

I went for my second step TB test yesterday.  The nurse asked me if she should get an ice pack ready, 'cause of what happened last time, lol.  I told her, no, I'd be ok.  I just can't look at it.  It's so gross!  A gross bump under your skin....ew.

Everyone at work is finding out that I wrote a book.  I didn't want it to get out.  There's always a thousand questions: what's it about, who's it written for, is it a kids' book.  Kids' books.  Ha!  Anyone could write those...well, maybe not.  We had an assignment once in history class (I think, I can't remember too well) to write a historical children's story.  Then we had to trade papers with someone and critique their work.  I forget what mine was about, probably pilgrims or something.  The girl I traded with, however, wrote this semi-love story about Indians wherein the main guy character dies and she describes his blood spilling into a puddle of water.  I immediately handed it back to her like, "Um, Brandy...this is supposed to be for little kids."  She didn't see what the problem was.

I'm already planning a vacation for next summer.  Well, it won't really be a vacation; it'll be our honeymoon since Chris and I haven't had one yet.  I would really like to go to the beach, but Gatlinburg, TN sounds good, too.  I really enjoyed it when I was down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment