Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mohs Surgery Recovery: Days 4, 5, and 6

Well, I'm back to work! Monday, I had some people wondering if it was ok for me to be working. I was still pretty puffy and yellow around the eyes and I actually had quite a bad headache, but I made it. Each day I look more normal, or so my boss says. I discovered last night, however, that I can't make my usual faces. I think I'm making them, but my eyebrows don't move. I can raise them a little, but I can't do my pensive, brooding look. This is me trying:

They had a Safety Pot-Luck Healthy luncheon today and when I went down to get some fruit, some of the MIS (computer) guys gave me weird looks. Do you know how frustrating it is not to be able to make faces back?! I can't make faces at Chris anymore when he says something stupid, either! I end up just closing my eyes a bit and staring at him; does not have the effect I'm looking for.

My stitches are very itchy. I'm also down to my last two band-aids, but down to $.03 in the bank account. We really need to stop spending money on eating out.

No comments:

Post a Comment