Saturday, March 16, 2013

Mohs Surgery Recovery: Day 2

Feeling much better today. Got a call from my doc (he's such a nice guy) making sure I was alright. He wants me to keep putting ice packs on my head. Do you know how hard that is? To sit and watch TV balancing an ice pack on your forehead? And I'm running out of things to watch. I switch back and forth between Psych, Supernatural, and the Dish. I noticed they have season two of The Killing on Netflix, though. Might have to throw that into the mix. Maybe find some movies. Tomorrow I'm supposed to take off my bandage and clean my stitches. I'm going to have to send Chris to Martin's to buy bandaids that'll fit over it and some regular Vaseline. They want me covering the wound with a thick layer of Vaseline; I have some, but it's with cocoa butter and I don't want to risk having some kind of reaction.

I managed to get a bath, though it's probably going to be a while before I can wash my hair again. Not sure if getting a bath was such a good idea. Hot water, lots of movement, I could feel my stitches throbbing. They told me I'd have to watch my blood pressure because I could start bleeding under the stiches and then they could burst. Lots of nice imagery there.

Mom and Damian came over tonight with spaghetti dinners the school was selling. We watched the Amazing World of Gumball and then mom offered to do the dishes. Damian and I played around on the Xbox (he wanted to play a game, but didn't know which one so we had to try out all of them.) And when I say my mom did the dishes, she did, like, every single one. I had mugs and cups that we hardly use sitting on the counter to be washed whenever and she did those too. Wiped off the stove, even. And then, vacuumed the kitchen floor and took out the trash. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment