Friday, October 19, 2012

Deactivated facebook

As of last night, I have deactivated my facebook.  Why? you ask.  Because I am naive.  I though all my former classmates and acquaintances would be mature, non-obtrusive, and supportive of me.  I was very wrong.  It's high school all over again.  I got a message from a former classmate complaining to me about things someone told her I said about pregnant women, and she took it personally.  She went on to say how wrong I was to not like her just because she got pregnant, and I have no idea how long it took someone to get pregnant.  Yadda, yadda, long message short, she was just letting me know how big a piece of shit I am for deleting her.  I replied that just because I delete someone on facebook doesn't mean I don't want to be friends with them, I just don't want to see the baby posts.  Do you know how hard it is to see people posting their positive pregnancy tests when every pregnancy test you took (for 5+ years) was negative?  I tried to explain that it's my problem, no one else's and it's my issues, no one else's, and that I never said anything bad about any of my pregnant friends.  She replied that two people on two separate occasions told her about my posts (which were just that I was deleting pregnant friends and I shared an inspiration picture with a friend of mine who also has trouble getting pregnant).  Awesome.  So, two someones on my freaking friends list made it a point to tell my newly-pregnant classmate that I, basically, hate her.

I was dead wrong in thinking people would understand why I was deleting my pregnant friends.  They don't.  They just judged me.  I'm a huge piece of shit because I can't handle seeing people I don't talk to anymore posting their pregnancy feeds.  Well, blow me.

1 comment:

  1. Facebook is so not worth the trouble. I applaud you're deleting of it. I wish I could! I am getting closer though. It IS like high school again and I find myself rolling my eyes at things I read on there, and have come close to writing very scathing comments on peoples walls! If you have reasons to delete people that's YOUR prerogative! Honestly! Facebook might be the worst thing that ever happened to humanity! Don't lose sleep over any of it! x

    ReplyDelete