Sunday, July 15, 2012

Twitter is dumb

So, starting the submission process again.  It seems like it should be easy; type up a synopsis, make up a query letter, blahdy blah, hit send, and done.  Nope.  I spent a few hours yesterday working on my whole "package" and only did one submission (I think).  I got some suggestions for my query letter from a publisher who, after reading their multiple blogs, I decided I did not want to go with.  I am a laid back person; I try not to be stuck up.  I can not submit my "baby" to a stuck up publisher.

Anyway, I had taken their suggestion of putting a biography of sorts in the query letter.  An editor sent me an email tonight and told me to leave that part off.  So there, stuck up publisher!  I thanked her.  I really do appreciate feedback.  Normally, I feel like my emails and queries go off into cyber space and float around forever.

I've also gone back to Twitter.  Good Lord, I hate that place.  My home page looks like someone took a Scrabble bag of letters and dumped in on the floor. @ this and # that.

If anyone wants a good read, Google the Freeh report on Sandusky.  I'm on page 80-something of 267.  It's just unbelievable how the people in charge just kept putting it off and putting it off.  At one point, they pretty much admit in an email that they might get in trouble for not reporting the incidents.

Right now, I'm just trying to put off running to Sheetz for Chris.  I'm always sent on the Sheetz runs.  I should make him go.  The car is set for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment